The Center for Historic Preservation maintains offices in three locations. As staff schedules are varied and often take us out of the office for meetings, please contact us in advance to schedule a meeting.
The Heritage Center of Murfreesboro and Rutherford County
The Heritage Center is located at 225 West College Street in a building shared with Main Street Murfreesboro. It is one block from the Courthouse Square, just behind Marina’s Italian Restaurant. Visitors to the Heritage Center may park in any of the available spots in front of the building or along the west side of the building. Handicap accessible parking is available in front. Call for more information or to schedule group tours.
|Website||Weekdays 10am – 3pm|
|225 W College Street, Murfreesboro TN 37130|
The Harrison House
The Harrison House is located on the south side of East Main Street between Middle Tennessee Boulevard and Baird Lane. The Harrison House shares a driveway with MTSU Campus Police. Guests may park behind our building and enter through the back door. The main entrance is under a blue awning and is wheelchair accessible. Though this lot requires parking permits, guests of the Center are welcome to park here.
|1416 E Main Street, Murfreesboro TN 37130|
The Black House
The Black House is located on the north side of East Main Street between Middle Tennessee Boulevard and Baird Lane. There is a gravel parking lot in front of and behind the building. Though this lot requires parking permits, guests of the Center are welcome to park here.
|1417 E Main Street, Murfreesboro TN 37130|