On July 16, Center director Dr. Carroll Van West and fieldwork coordinator Savannah Grandey visited Parker’s Chapel in Sumner County, a historic African American church and cemetery. With a congregation founded during the emancipation era, the 1956 church structure is the third building to be located at the site. The Center is partnering with the congregation to nominate this historic church to the National Register of Historic Places.
Parker’s Chapel, Sumner County
Bookmark the permalink.