Brown-Hancock House Listed on National Register

Based on a nomination completed by the Center, the Brown-Hancock House in Woodbury has been added to the National Register of Historic Places. Located in Cannon County, the Brown-Hancock House was originally constructed in about 1869 and significantly expanded from 1916 to 1918 by Nashville architect Thomas W. Gardner.  The home retains a high degree of integrity in the original design, setting, and decorative mill work and brickwork. Originally built for owner Christopher Columbus Brown and his family, the home was later expanded for daughter Claudia and her husband, Walter Hancock.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed